Sunday, March 11, 2012

Instagram Announces Android Version

By: Victoria Choeff



Nearly almost every iPhone user, company and clothing line has an Instagram account. For those of you who don't know what Instagram is, it's a new fast, fun and beautiful way to share your life with friends through photos. Snap a photo with your iPhone, choose a filter and transform the look and feel! Instagram has over 27 million downloads from the app store with strictly iPhone users. But recently this question has been asked with many Non-iphone users "Is Instagram only for iphone? Why doesn't my phone have it?"

Well Android users you are in luck! Co-Founder Kevin Systrom announced at SXSW Sunday that the "long awaited Android version of Instagram is nearly here." He showed the new version on stage without a demo leaving the crowd hanging. He said that the Android version is being currently tested in private and should be released very soon. Systrom also said that "in some ways, its better than our iSO app. Its crazy"  
People question him and asked why it took so long for Instagram to finally come to andriod. He responded saying "It didn't take long, we just had other priorities".
Instagram is one of my favorite app on my iPhone and it's such a great way to share what I do. I love following my favorite celebrities and even fashion designers! I have a lot of Android user friends and I am so excited for them to hop on the Instagram train. 
There is no specific date when it will be released for Android, just know that it will be coming very soon!  


No comments:

Post a Comment