Saturday, February 9, 2013

Love Your Planet


To be completely honest with all of you I’ll admit I’m not much of recycler at home and I don’t check to see if all the lights are off when I go to sleep at night. When I think of sustainability the only thing that comes to me is “thinking green” and a bunch of tree huggers. But after hearing about how our class was going to help with Flagler College’s “Love Your Planet” event I started to do some research on what sustainability really means. Sustainability is based on an idea of continual improvements to making our lives better each and every day.  It is little things here and there that can impact the future of our planet not just for you but your kids one day and your grandchildren and so on. Little things like not running the water the whole time when you’re brushing your teeth or turning off the TV when you take a nap can really make an impact. I had no idea how easy it would be to make a difference it just takes a little bit extra, and that’s what this event is all about celebrating our planet and the continual efforts to keep it beautiful. I am so excited to go to Love Your Planet on Monday 10-5, it’s going to be such a blast! With live music, art competitions, and guest speakers it’s going to be a great day. Let’s all celebrate our planets beauty and come to the Love Your Planet Event.

Justin Dorow

No comments:

Post a Comment